Can, you can, oh my Baby! (A Poem/Song)

Being born in some of the poorest of neighbourhoods, I had seen many of the struggles that people had endured to live life one moment of time. But what has struck me the most is the struggle of couples, when one of them (usually the man) has to travel outside one's town in search of work, leaving the family there at home. This poem is about how even in the midst of these straining times, the couple maintains that trust in their relationship through letters (in the olden times) or phones (in the modern times) or just through hope (when none of the things are available). This poem is that steering song that both, men and women, sings to each other, affirming their strong conviction and belief in their love for each other, which is firmly rooted despite the increasing physical distance between them.  



Old those lanes, still waiting there,

For that wedding that we once planned.

That old man is also still there,

who blessed us and told that we can!


So can, you can, oh my baby! 

Even when I am on some distant land...

Do not lose your hope in us, 

'Coz we aren't some fickle sands.


Just wait till the dawn of that dreamt day, 

when I'll rise from the ashes again,

Just wait for me in those gone lanes, 

we shall kiss in passion again.


Do not you think that I had forgotten you, 

or had some lass in here instead of you,

'Coz how could I even think of it, 

when all I think is just of you.


So can, you can, oh my baby! 

Those dreams are not some distant lands,

Those dreams that we knitted together, 

promised while your face was in my hand.


- Rushabh Sagara


(Do share with me what you thought of the poem/song. I am also thinking of starting a YouTube channel where I shall recite this poem and many more such that I had in my basket (both English and Hindi.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kya se Kya Ho gaya – The Magnum Opus